BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE™ | FOR OVERWEIGHT CATS
FRESH FREE-RUN CHICKEN AND TURKEY, NEST-LAID EGGS & WILD-CAUGHT FISH
TO PROMOTE PEAK BODY CONDITIONING, OVERWEIGHT CATS NEED A PROTEIN-RICH DIET WITH MODERATE FAT AND LIMITED CARBOHYDRATES.
- 44% richly nourishing protein from lean meats, 16% carbohydrates, and a unique blend of soluble fiber nourish overweight cats according to their evolutionary and biological needs.
- Unmatched by any other dry cat food, 2/3 of ORIJEN’s meats are FRESH (refrigerated, no preservatives) or RAW (flash-frozen, no preservatives), including the top 10 ingredients.
- Free of rendered poultry meals, 1/3 of our dehydrated poultry is air-dried from fresh chicken and turkey, for a concentrated source of protein that cannot be supplied by fresh meats alone.
- Nutrient-dense WholePrey™ ratios of fresh meats, organs, and cartilage plus fresh whole fish and fresh whole eggs provide a natural source of virtually every nutrient your cat needs.
- Infusions of gently freeze-dried liver enhance flavor and palatability naturally, making ORIJEN deliciously tasty, even for selective eaters.
IS YOUR CAT'S FOOD BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE™?
Cats evolved as hunters and, just like their wild cousins, their teeth, jaws and digestive system are all adapted for meat concentrated diets that are rich in fresh meats and meat diversity. Biologically Appropriate™ foods mirror the natural diet and answer 3 meat questions:
3 SUPPLEMENTS – ZINC, CHOLINE AND VITAMIN B1
In nature there are no synthetic supplements, so cats derive their complete nutritional needs naturally by consuming whole animals, which contain all of the nutrients they need to thrive.
That’s why you won’t find long lists of synthetics in ORIJEN cat foods. Loaded with richly nourishing ratios of fresh poultry, organs and cartilage plus fresh whole fish and whole eggs, ORIJEN provides a natural source of virtually every nutrient your cat needs to thrive.
85% MEAT | 15% FRUITS & VEGETABLES
Deboned chicken, chicken liver, turkey liver, deboned turkey, whole eggs, arrowtooth flounder, turkey heart, whole atlantic herring, chicken heart, cod liver, dehydrated chicken liver, dehydrated turkey liver, dehydrated sardine, dehydrated chicken, dehydrated turkey, dehydrated herring, whole red lentils, whole chickpeas, whole green peas, whole green lentils, whole pinto beans, whole navy beans, natural chicken flavor, apple fiber, lentil fiber, whole yellow peas, dehydrated pumpkin, dehydrated butternut squash, chicken cartilage, dried kelp, freeze-dried chicken liver, freeze-dried turkey liver, freeze-dried cod liver, whole pumpkin, whole butternut squash, kale, spinach, mustard greens, collard greens, turnip greens, whole carrots, whole red delicious apples, whole bartlett pears, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, choline chloride, zinc proteinate, mixed tocopherols (preservative), thiamine mononitrate, chicory root, turmeric, sarsaparilla root, althea root, rosehips, juniper berries, dried lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried bifidobacterium animalis fermentation product, dried lactobacillus casei fermentation product.
Additives (per kg): Choline chloride 500mg, zinc proteinate 50mg, thiamine mononitrate (Vitamin B1) 5 mg
YOUR CAT IS UNIQUE
Your overweight cat is unique and her feeding requirements will vary with her environment, age and activity.
That’s why we suggest starting with the guide below, and then monitoring her weight and adjusting portions as needed. Feed twice daily and remember always to keep fresh, clean water available.
† Use a standard 8-ounce measuring cup. Serve dry or lightly moistened. See your veterinarian regularly. To help maintain freshness, we recommend sealing the bag tightly and storing it in a cool, dry location.
ORIJEN Fit & Trim is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Cat Food Nutrient Profiles for adult maintenance.
By providing more calories from protein and fat (and fewer from carbohydrates), ORIJEN Fit & Trim distributes calories to mirror the natural feline diet, reducing the risk of obesity and diabetes.
Metabolizable energy is 3750 kcal/kg (428 kcal per 8oz. cup) with 47% from protein, 17% from vegetables and fruits and 36% from fat.